The purpose of Somerset can be summed up in the use of two Scriptures:
Jesus said: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment … the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’” Matthew 22:36-39
Jesus said, “Go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you.” Matthew 28:19-20
With these two versus there are five basics for Christian growth and service, so we have done our best to build around these five:
- To love the Lord with all your heart is WORSHIP.
- To love your neighbor as yourself is MINISTRY.
- To go…make disciples is OUTREACH.
- To baptize is to provide BELONGING.
- To teach them all things is DISCIPLESHIP.
We desire to provide a sincere worship experience as you seek a relationship with God through the study of Scripture, service to others, and sharing the good news of Jesus.